The mission of Hospital Hospitality House of Nashville is to be “a home away from home for patients and families or caregivers seeking medical treatment in Nashville area hospitals by providing lodging, meals and other supportive services.”
Partnering with many donors, volunteers and other community agencies, our goal is to create a home where our guests become part of an extended family, receiving respite, encouragement and support that makes facing a medical crisis a bit easier.
Guests of HHH enjoy quiet, private rooms, each featuring a handicap-accessible bath and individual telephone line with voice-mail service. Also available are spacious and inviting communal kitchen and living areas. Comfortably and beautifully furnished, these areas encourage socializing and offer opportunities for guests to escape the stress inherent to a sudden or long-term hospital stay in an unfamiliar city.
Since opening in 1974, HHH has provided over 450,000 nights of lodging to patients and families in need, serving guests from all 95 counties in Tennessee, from all 50 states in the U.S. and from foreign countries. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and we invite you to call us home in your time of need.
- HHH serves 18 families each night in our residential program. In 2015,HHH provided lodging to over 200 families.
- HHH adopts 18 waiting rooms in hospitals and clinics in Davidson, Sumner and Williamson Counties, stocking them with snacks, water, toiletries and other necessities. We reached over 50,000 people through this program in 2015.
- HHH offers Day Services to give families a safe respite where they can shower, get a hot meal, rest and do a load of laundry before returning to the hospital. We served over 100 families in 2015.
- HHH serves all the hospitals in Nashville. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with a one part-time and five full-time staff members. We have 56 active volunteers who help in the office and residence, deliver waiting room supplies, work on special projects, bring monthly meals, collect wish list items and serve on our board.
- HHH is funded solely through the generosity of the community through private and corporate donations as well as foundations and grants.